Free workshop for parents on legal and financial preparations for helping your child
If you are in the area of Little Neck, New York or can get there, you may want to attend a free workshop for parents on financial planning and disability benefits for your child.
The presentation will be by Andrew Cohen, Esq. and Mitch Weisbrot, CLU, who have both personal experience as parents as well as professional experience in estate planning and the legal morass that confuses parents. Topics of discussion include:
- Government benefits for individuals with disabilities
- How to accumulate and preserve assets without disqualifying eligibility for benefits
- Establishing guardianship
- Estate planning and wills
- Special needs trusts – how they work and why they’re useful
- Strategies for funding trusts
WHEN: Thursday, December 15, 2011 – 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
RSVP: Amanda Smith, (718)225-6750 ext. 204
Funding for this program made possible through New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities